On upload, images like jpg, png and WebP gets converted to avif format. Converted images get served on web pages.
- Images get converted on upload.
- Bulk convert previously uploaded images.
- Bulk convert theme images.
- Serve Webpage with altered avif images.
- Fully CDN compatible.
- Backward compatibility – Browsers that don’t support Avif images will get WebP images served on the fly.
- Native Language Support for German, Spanish, Russian, French, Hindi and Bengali.
Official documentation of Avif Express
For a more detailed description of options and features of Avif Express, please read the official documentation.
- Download and Unzip the file.
- Upload the plugin into the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress site.
Avif Expressfrom plugin page.
How to generate avif images from previously uploaded images
Go to “Avif Express” on the left sidebar menu > On the “Avif express” page > Click on the generate button on “Upload directory” row.
How to generate avif images from theme’s image
Go to “Avif Express” on left sidebar menu > On the “Avif express” page > Click on the generate button on “Theme directory” row.
How to replace web-page’s images with avif images
Go to “Avif Express” on left sidebar menu > On the “Avif express” page > Select the mode from the dropdown on “Rendering” row.
기여자 & 개발자
“Avif Express”(은)는 오픈 소스 소프트웨어입니다. 다음의 사람들이 이 플러그인에 기여하였습니다.기여자
1. Externally added webp images can be served via this plugin on browser that does not support avif image. note: Image fix name should be same as source.
1. If server is capable of generating webp and not avif, then this plugin will generate and serve webp images. In case server is not capable of generating webp and avif both, original image will get served in case no externally added webp image found.
2. Other small bug fixes.
Bugfix: Image Magic class checking.
Bugfix: Skipping SVG processing on rendering. Checking server capability to convert Avif even when rendering is off.
Backward compatibility – Browsers that don’t support Avif images will get WebP images served on the fly.
Bugfix: Images that don’t belongs to the same domain no logger getting skipped.
Added translation for German, Spanish, Russian, French, Hindi and Bengali, for backend Admin dash.
Issue: Undefined Constatnt. Fixed. Pointed by [argument](https://wordpress.org/support/users/argument/,”Bug finder”).
ImageMagick version checking. Version ‘7.0.25’ or above required.
Issue: Auto convert on upload was not working. Fixed : Typo in namespace.
Issue: php 8.1 or 8.2 with GD with libavif support still creating 0 byte avif images. #Php_bug. Fixed with Imagick library.
Issue: Migrated images with post type of attachment were not getting converted. Fixed.
Issue: php 8.1 or 8.2 with GD with libavif support still creating 0 byte avif images. Not fixed. #Php_bug
Conflict with Autoptimize plugin fixed.
Lowered the “Requires at least” wordpress version.
Updated Description on README.txt.
Added php version checking, require at least 8.1, since imageavif() method only comes with php8.1 or later.
Added method checking for imageavif(), it prevent ajax error in case Php GD not having libavif. libavif is library required by GD to convert image to avif image.
Note: latest Plesk Obsidian(Version 18.0.49) with php 8.2 do not provide libavif to GD. No way around.
Updated FAQ section on README.txt.
Added Additional file checking on frontend. If .avif file exist then only alter the image url.