This is a plugin that makes it incredibly easy to upload your logo to any Genesis Child Theme. You basically use WordPress Customizer, upload your logo, and your done.
It actually adds an image rather than an h1 tag and a background image, and also creates the class .site-logo. Since Genesis 2.0 images are responsive, it’ll fill the space it’s in. Meaning if you want it to shrink, you’ll have to adjust the width of the container in your css.
This is for Genesis 2.0 and up.
NOTE: Only works with Genesis Framework version 2.0 or higher as the parent theme. This is a paid premium product by StudioPress/ Copyblogger Media LLC, available via studiopress.com.
- Installing alternatives:
- via Admin Dashboard: Go to ‘Plugins > Add New’, search for “Genesis Logo Uploader”, click “install”
- OR via direct ZIP upload: Upload the ZIP package via ‘Plugins > Add New > Upload’ in your WP Admin
- OR via FTP upload: Upload
sf-logo-uploaderfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the Genesis Settings and under “Header” choose “Image Logo”
- Make sure to have Custom Header Support OFF (in functions.php file)
- Go To “Appearance > Customize” and upload your logo.
Note: The “Genesis Framework” in version 2.0 or higher is required for this plugin in order to work. If you don’t own a copy it yet, this premium parent theme has to be bought. More info about that you’ll find here: http://surefirewebservices.com/go/genesis
- Always recommended to run the latest versions of everything! 🙂
- WordPress version 3.6 or higher
- Genesis Framework version 2.0 or higher (Note: paid premium product!)
- A Genesis child theme – both variants, XTHML and HTML5 child themes are supported
Video of Plugin’s Widget Options Walkthrough plus Demo:
original video link by Jonathan Perez
- Why won’t my logo show?
There are 2 things required to get your logo to show. A lot of themes use the Custom Header theme support, so you have to make sure that’s removed from your functions.php file. Also, a lot of themes use logos as background image, so in the CSS, under .site-title (or similar), there may be be an attribute called ‘text-indent’. Remove that.
- Why didn’t you include styles to make the logo appear nice?
Because every logo is different. It wouldn’t make sense to have a default style for a rectangle logo if you’re logo is round, etc. Adding a little padding, width, and margin in the style sheet should make every logo appear fine.
기여자 & 개발자
“Easy Genesis Logo Uploader”(은)는 오픈 소스 소프트웨어입니다. 다음의 사람들이 이 플러그인에 기여하였습니다.기여자
자국어로 “Easy Genesis Logo Uploader”(을)를 번역하세요.
개발에 관심이 있으십니까?
- Changed the logo link to use site_url() instead of ‘/‘
- Official WordPress Release