- Payment validation done through either
monero-wallet-rpcor the xmrchain.net blockchain explorer.
- Validates payments with
cron, so does not require users to stay on the order confirmation page for their order to validate.
- Customers can pay with multiple transactions and are notified as soon as transactions hit the mempool.
- Configurable block confirmations, from
0for zero confirm to
60for high ticket purchases.
- Live price updates every minute; total amount due is locked in after the order is placed for a configurable amount of time (default 60 minutes) so the price does not change after order has been made.
- Hooks into emails, order confirmation page, customer order history page, and admin order details page.
- View all payments received to your wallet with links to the blockchain explorer and associated orders.
- Optionally display all prices on your store in terms of Monero.
- Shortcodes! Display exchange rates in numerous currencies.
In the “Add Plugins” section of the WordPress admin UI, search for “monero” and click the Install Now button next to “Monero WooCommerce Extension” by mosu-forge, SerHack. This will enable auto-updates, but only for official releases, so if you need to work from git master or your local fork, please use the manual method below.
- Download the plugin from the releases page (https://github.com/monero-integrations/monerowp) or clone with
git clone https://github.com/monero-integrations/monerowp
- Unzip or place the
monero-woocommerce-gatewayfolder in the
- Activate “Monero Woocommerce Gateway” in your WordPress admin dashboard.
- It is highly recommended that you use native cronjobs instead of WordPress’s “Poor Man’s Cron” by adding
define('DISABLE_WP_CRON', true);into your
wp-config.phpfile and adding
* * * * * wget -q -O - https://yourstore.com/wp-cron.php?doing_wp_cron >/dev/null 2>&1to your crontab.
Option 1: Use your wallet address and viewkey
This is the easiest way to start accepting Monero on your website. You’ll need:
- Your Monero wallet address starting with
- Your wallet’s secret viewkey
Then simply select the
viewkey option in the settings page and paste your address and viewkey. You’re all set!
Note on privacy: when you validate transactions with your private viewkey, your viewkey is sent to (but not stored on) xmrchain.net over HTTPS. This could potentially allow an attacker to see your incoming, but not outgoing, transactions if they were to get his hands on your viewkey. Even if this were to happen, your funds would still be safe and it would be impossible for somebody to steal your money. For maximum privacy use your own
Option 2: Using monero wallet rpc
The most secure way to accept Monero on your website. You’ll need:
- Root access to your webserver
- Latest Monero-currency binaries
After downloading (or compiling) the Monero binaries on your server, install the systemd unit files or run
tmux. You can skip running
monerod by using a remote node with
monero-wallet-rpc by adding
--daemon-address node.moneroworld.com:18089 to the
Note on security: using this option, while the most secure, requires you to run the Monero wallet RPC program on your server. Best practice for this is to use a view-only wallet since otherwise your server would be running a hot-wallet and a security breach could allow hackers to empty your funds.
- Deactivate plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Delete plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
What is Monero ?
Monero is completely private, cryptographically secure, digital cash used across the globe. See https://getmonero.org for more information
What is a Monero wallet?
A Monero wallet is a piece of software that allows you to store your funds and interact with the Monero network. You can get a Monero wallet from https://getmonero.org/downloads
What is monero-wallet-rpc ?
The monero-wallet-rpc is an RPC server that will allow this plugin to communicate with the Monero network. You can download it from https://getmonero.org/downloads with the command-line tools.
Why do I see
[ERROR] Failed to connect to monero-wallet-rpc at localhost port 18080?
Syntax error: Invalid response data structure: Request id: 1 is different from Response id:
This is most likely because this plugin can not reach your monero-wallet-rpc. Make sure that you have supplied the correct host IP and port to the plugin in their fields. If your monero-wallet-rpc is on a different server than your wordpress site, make sure that the appropriate port is open with port forwarding enabled.
기여자 & 개발자
“Monero WooCommerce Extension”(은)는 오픈 소스 소프트웨어입니다. 다음의 사람들이 이 플러그인에 기여하였습니다.기여자
- First version ! Yay!
- Added the view key option
- Verify transactions without monero-wallet-rpc
- Optionally accept zero confirmation transactions
- bug fixing
- Fix some bugs
- Bug fixing
Huge shoutout to mosu-forge who contributed a lot to make 3.0 possible.
* Ability to set number of confirms: 0 for zero conf, up to 60.
* Amount owed in XMR gets locked in after the order for a configurable amount of time after which the order is invalid, default 60 minutes.
* Shows transactions received along with the number of confirms right on the order success page, auto-updates through AJAX.
* Admin page for showing all transactions made to the wallet.
* Logic is done via cron, instead of the user having to stay on the order page until payment is confirmed.
* Payment details (along with the txid) are always visible on the customer’s account dashboard on the my orders section.
* Live prices are also run via cron, shortcodes for showing exchange rates.
* Properly hooks into order confirmation email page.
- Fixed the incorrect generation of integrated addresses;
- Fixed the problem of ‘hard-coded’ prices which causes a division by zero: now any currencies supported by cryptocompare API should work;
- Fixed the problem related to explorer;
- Bug fixing;
- Removed cryptocompare.com API and switched to CoinGecko