Next Page, Not Next Post is a very simple plugin that creates navigation between sibling pages.
This plugin gives you two new functions,
next_page_not_post($anchor_text, $loop, $sort) &
previous_page_not_post($anchor_text, $loop, $sort). Each function has three simple options.
- Anchor Text – Either set the anchor text manually or use the page title. Use %title to use page title with other strings. Defaults to page title, just leave blank for that.
- Looping – Link the first element to the last and the last to the first, or not. Defaults to not looping. Set to true for looping, cousins for cousin based navigation and cousinsloop for cousins navigation that loops.
- Get Pages – This is used to determine how to sort your results. Use the documentation at Get Pages to find all available options here. Defaults to menu_order ascending.
SHORTCODES You can use [next_page] and [previous_page] shortcodes within your page content. Supported options are ‘anchor’, ‘loop’ and ‘getPagesQuery’.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
<?php echo next_page_not_post(''); ?>&
<?php echo previous_page_not_post(''); ?>in your templates
- See our site for more examples
None at this point. Contact us if you have any and I’ll add them here.