Quick Localisation allows to hook on
ngettext_with_context so that one can easily tweak WordPress translations generated by functions
For installation please see the corresponding section. It is as trivial as copying the plugin folder in your WordPress.
To get the flavour of what the plugin actually does, see the screen shots.
Once installed and activated, the plugin back-end will be accessible via a separate menu in the admin panel (WP Admin -> Quick Localisation).
N.B. by all means this plugin is not a replacement of the standard WordPress localisation framework. In fact, webmasters are advised to use it as a long-term solution.
However Quick Localisation comes very handy when quick patches or unconventional translations are required.
The plugin offers the following options.
Editing Localisation Table
- Old text
- New text (optional; empty values will remove the localisation subject)
- Text domain (allows to target specific plugin or theme “domains”; if set to
_ALL_– it will be applied to all matching text)
- Allows exporting saved localisation for easy copy-pasting between the sites and backups.
- This feature also comes handy later when generating actual
- It is possible to import previously saved localisations or just copy them from other WordPress sites.
- It is possible to empty the localisation database prior to import as well as to choose whether or not to overwrite already existing entries.
At the moment Quick Localisation hooks on
ngettext_with_context filters with very low priority (namely, 1000), allowing it to be the last one to have a say on translations.
Should one use other similar
*gettext* hooks, the priority can be changed in
If you want to translate this plugin, please contact the Name.ly team. Already translated languages can be downloaded here. There, one can also find a sample English-to-English QL file. Simply edit the second column in your language and import the text.
Alternatively, as the site admin, one can enable gathering function of the plugin itself and quickly translate it inline.
Check out our other cool plugins: Feed2Tabs and Links2Tabs.
They go well together like coffee and doughnuts!
Name.ly offers WordPress blogs and many other services allowing to consolidate multiple sites, pages and profiles.
All on catchy domain names, like many.at, brief.ly, sincere.ly, links2.me, thatis.me, of-cour.se, … and hundreds more.
Name.ly/PRO platform allows domain name owners to run similar sites under their own brand.
Name.ly/PRO is most known for being first WordPress driven product allowing reselling emails and sub-domains.
As easy, as 1-2-3
quick-localizationfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Specify text to translate
Activate the plugin. Settings can be accessed via WP Admin -> Quick Localisation.
Use Edit, Export, and Import pages to manipulate translations.
- How big can the database be?
The bigger the database, the more parsing the plugin has to perform, the higher the load. The relationship is exponential. Though we tested it with thousand words and the extra load was minimal.
- Some plugins appear not to be translated, what can be done about it?
WordPress activates plugins alphabetically or in the order provided by the file system. Having said this, if one of these earlier plugins localises its strings directly on the initialisation, Quick Localisation won’t be able to catch those.
A known way around it is as follows:
- Add the following line into
<?php include_once ABSPATH . "wp-content/plugins/quick-localization/index.php"; ?>
기여자 & 개발자
“Quick Localization (Quick Localisation)”(은)는 오픈 소스 소프트웨어입니다. 다음의 사람들이 이 플러그인에 기여하였습니다.기여자
자국어로 “Quick Localization (Quick Localisation)”(을)를 번역하세요.
개발에 관심이 있으십니까?
- Added a note on how to intialise the plugin via MU plugins
- Now handling
_xtranslatons as well
- Fixed the issue when addition of multiple new entries failed on the first one
- Fixed warnings generated when
WP_DEBUGis set to
- Fixed bulk edit of many items, which did not work above some limit
- Added individual edit screens
- Fixed export and import of entries consisting of multiple lines
- Gathering nag is now shown only to the [super] site admins
- Fixed the known issue with the class property “new” not working in PHP 5.2 (http://many.at/fixingnewproperty/)
- Added sorting.
- Added references to pre-translated import files.
- Improved data collection resulting in no duplicates.
- Added Quick Localisation import file.
- Minor cosmetic changes.
- Added super-admin mode.
- Fixed some special strings escaping in textareas.
- Supported proper localisation of the plugin itself.
- Fixed minor init issue on some standalone installations.
- Added settings allowing collecting draft translations.
- Improved import with stripslashes.
- Initial version.
- Created and tested.