Terms Before Download adds a shortcode that can be used instead of HTML anchors to link to downloadable files. If such a link is clicked a popup dialog shows terms and conditions (EULA) which must be accepted for the download to start.
The terms and conditions are read from a WordPress page. That way there is only a single place to maintain the terms and they can easily be displayed independently of the plugin.
The plugin supports Google Analytics to keep track of the number of downloads. Supported GA scripts: ga.js, analytics.js.
An example of the plugin in action can be found here: https://helgeklein.com/download/
Add the shortcode tbd_terms once (!) to each page or post where terms need to be displayed and configure the ID of the page that contains the terms. Example:
The page ID is part of the URL when editing a page in the admin UI. Example: https://domain.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=5670&action=edit
Create a link to a downloadable file like this:
[tbd_link url=\”URL\”]link text[/tbd_link]
The following parameters can be used with the shortcode tbd_terms:
- terms_page_id: ID of the terms page displayed in the dialog [required]
- dialog_title: The title of the dialog to be displayed [optional]
- class: CSS class of the div enclosing the dialog content [optional]
- padding: Padding between the dialog frame and the inner content [optional]
- width: Width of the dialog [optional]
- ok_button_text: Text for the OK button [optional]
The following parameters can be used with the shortcode tbd_link:
- url: The URL to link to [required]
- text: Link text [required if text is not enclosed]
- gacategory: Google Analytics Category [optional]
- gaaction: Google Analytics Action [optional]
- galabel: Google Analytics Label [optional]
Install the plugin directly through the WordPress Admin dashboard.
기여자 & 개발자
“Terms Before Download”(은)는 오픈 소스 소프트웨어입니다. 다음의 사람들이 이 플러그인에 기여하였습니다.기여자
자국어로 “Terms Before Download”(을)를 번역하세요.
개발에 관심이 있으십니까?
- Bugfix: multiple links on the same page always pointed to the first URL on the page. This was introduced in 1.0.3.
- Added support for analytics.js. The previous version only supported ga.js. The plugin’s code auto-detects which of the two Analytics scripts is in use.
- Added support for nested shortcodes on the terms page
- Initial release