This is a lightweight plugin to close your website on selected days of the week.
On selected days your website is closed and a landing page is displayed.
What makes this plugin differ from others, is that you can select certain days instead of just closing and opening your website.
When to use:
- Close shop because you don’t have time to manage your orders
- Close for religious reasons
- Close for maintenance or under construction
How to use
After installation go to the settings page. This page is located at Settings > Website Closed.
Select days and customize the landing page that is displayed when website is closed.
Additional styling (CSS) via the Customizer is being ignored when this plugin is active. But you can add custom CSS via plugin settings page.
If you uninstall plugin via dashboard all settings will be removed from database.
You can avoid this via the settings page.
Please take a look at the FAQ section.
Not included but plugin supports WordPress language packs.
More translations are very welcome!
The translation folder inside this plugin is redundant but kept for reference.
Without the WordPress codex and help from the WordPress community I was not able to develop this plugin, so: thank you!
Please check Description section for installation info.
How do I set plugin language?
Plugin will use the website language, set in Settings > General.
If plugin isn’t translated into this language, language fallback will be English.
Which timezone does plugin use?
It uses the local timezone set in Settings > General.
Can I preview the landing page before closing website?
Yes, this is possible. Plugin has a preview feature.
Can I close a website permanently?
Yes, this is possible. Just select all days and save the page.
Where to find the image ID?
Every image contains an unique ID. You will find this ID when hovering the image title in the media library of your dashboard (list view) or when editing the image.
It’s the number that comes after:
Is SEO taken into account?
Yes, when plugin is active it adds a 503 Service Unavailable server error response code. This tells search engines that your site is (temporary) down.
No Semantic versioning?
Version number doesn’t give you info about the type of update (major, minor, patch). You should check changelog for that.
How can I make a donation?
You like my plugin and you’re willing to make a donation? Thanks, I really appreciate that! There’s a PayPal donate link at my website.
Other question or comment?
Please open a topic in plugin forum.
기여자 & 개발자
“VS Website Closed”(은)는 오픈 소스 소프트웨어입니다. 다음의 사람들이 이 플러그인에 기여하였습니다.기여자
- Textual changes
- Minor changes in code
- New: admin bar is displayed in preview mode
- New: setting for page title
- Added files vswc-variables and vswc-template
- Relocated template from file vswc to these files
- Improved notification at settings page
- New: you can add custom CSS via the settings page
- Removed function load_plugin_textdomain() because redundant
- Plugin uses the WP language packs for its translation
- Kept translation folder for reference
- Plugin has a new name
- But plugin itself and ownership did not change
- Fix: preview is only available for administrators
- New: set color of title
- Updated settings page
- Minor changes in code
- Better validating, sanitizing and escaping
For all versions please check file changelog.