👉 For more information about the plugin, visit the documentation website.
- Create truly private pages.
- Differentiate access based on user roles and exclude pages from search engines (supporting Yoast SEO, All in one SEO pack and Google XML Sitemaps).
- Automatically customize redirect after login.
- Disable the admin bar for non-administrator users.
👉 Want to know more? Read the plugin documentation! 👉 https://justevolve.it/documentation/private-area-documentation/
- Added a filter to the access rejection message being displayed in the page content.
- Added feature suggestion link.
- Initial public release.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/wp-private-areadirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
Will it work on my theme too?
YES! Whether your theme is free or premium, Private Area will seamlessly integrate with it.
Can I switch themes? Will I lose content in the process?
Your content will NOT be lost when switching themes, regardless of the one you choose to use.
How does support work?
Support on the plugin page on WordPress.org is completely voluntary. Feel free to post bug reports, or questions about the plugin functionality.
What’s the difference between a WordPress standard private page, and the ones created with this plugin?
WordPress default private pages limit their access to admins and editors only. Private Area, on the contrary, allows you to define which roles have access to your pages.
What’s the difference between a WordPress standard password-protected page, and the ones created with this plugin?
A password-protected page is indexed, as only its content is hidden from guests: instead of it, you’ll see a form to input a password that will then unlock the actual page content.
A private page created with Private Area, instead, is automatically excluded from indexing.