Easily hide or show the front-end WordPress Admin Toolbar with a click of a button. The plugin adds a special button to the right side of the WordPress Admin Toolbar that only displays when you are outside the admin area of WordPress on the front-end. Clicking it will make the admin bar slide off the page to the top left corner, leaving only the hide/show button visible. Clicking the button again will restore the Toolbar to its original position. The shown/hidden position is remembered between page visits so that it can be kept hidden away until you are ready to bring it back.
There are no options or configuration. Just install and activate the plugin. When you exit the admin area, you will see the button to the far right of the Toolbar. Modern browsers (not IE9 or below) will use a nice transition to show and hide the Toolbar.
I actually like the WordPress Toolbar. It’s a convenient way to go back and forth from the admin area to the public website. However, when I’m doing design modifications for a theme, the Toolbar can be visually distracting. I wanted a quick way to hide the WordPress Toolbar when needed, but otherwise keep it around. I tried several plugins but they didn’t work as I wanted or didn’t even work at all in some cases. So I decided to build my own.
This plugin is on Github. Submit a pull request if you’d like to contribute.
- Upload entire
hide-wp-toolbardirectory to the
- 워드프레스의 ‘플러그인’ 메뉴에서 플러그인을 활성화하세요.
- Navigate to the public area of the site and click the right side button to hide/show the WP Toolbar
Are there any settings for this plugin?
Nope. No settings page is created. Just activate and start using. No configuration required.
I don’t see any of the nice transitions when the toolbar hides or shows. Why not?
You most likely have a very outdated browser, like Internet Explorer 9 or below. This plugin uses nice CSS3 transitions that are supported in all modern browsers, like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.
Why don’t you use jQuery UI for transitions instead? Then it would work on outdated browsers, right?
I could. But it would be wrong.
기여자 & 개발자
“Hide WP Toolbar”(은)는 오픈 소스 소프트웨어입니다. 다음의 사람들이 이 플러그인에 기여하였습니다.기여자
- Stopped loading CSS/JS for non-logged in users that don’t have the toolbar (Github issue #6)
- Added proper text domain loading to support translations
- Removed dependency on WP Session Manager. Code included library was outdated and had a security issue. Now using WordPress transients to store state of the toolbar.
- Tested with WordPress 4.7.4
- Internationalized plugin for proper text translation handling
- Fixed: PHP Warning for creating default object from empty value (thanks benhuson!)
- Tested with WordPress 4.4.2
- Updated ReadMe regarding browser support and WP compatibility
- Use pretty dashicon from WordPress 3.8+ for button arrow (plugin now requires WordPress 3.8+)
- Modified placement of hide/show button for better compatibility with WordPress 3.8+
- Added functionality to remember shown/hidden position of toolbar between page loads
- Initial public release