Region detect is a plugin for WordPress that detects the country that the current visitor is browsing from.
It can display the country to the user; something like: Hello visitor from Spain! or display a flag of the country. The plugin also makes the ISO 3166-1 country code and country name avaliable to other plugins.
- Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ page.
- Copy the MaxMind country database to the plugin folder, or add your MaxMind license key to the plugin admin panel.
- If you are using the web service enable caching and select the cache length that you need.
- Use %%COUNTRYCODE%% or %%COUNTRYNAME%% in your posts to display the two character country code or country name respectively.
- Do I have to pay for the MaxMind database?
No, MaxMind offer a free version of the database. However the paid for version is more accurate.
- I am a wordpress developer and want to access the country code or name in my code. How do I do that?
Easy 🙂 Just declare the global variables $rdISO3166_1 or $rdCountryName in your code and away you go.
이 플러그인에 대한 평가가 없습니다.
기여자 & 개발자
“Region Detect”(은)는 오픈 소스 소프트웨어입니다. 다음의 사람들이 이 플러그인에 기여하였습니다.기여자
- Initial version
- Added option to set the country from the url
- Corrected bug with the cache clearing too quickly
- Added a table that shows countries and number of ip addresses that are cached
- Corrected spelling mistakes
- Removed debugging code
- Fixed installation bug which was causing a crash when installing
- Made plugin multisite compliant