Template Dictionary is a plugin which can be used to create template variables editable by admins.
The plugin is multilingual ready. It includes Polylang integration, another multilingual plugin can be integrated with filters.
There are few admin pages for managing the plugin.
- Template Dictionary – view, edit and delete the template variables values
- Settings list – view, edit and delete template variables settings
- Add setting – add new or edit template variables setting
- Edit values – edit a value, this page is accessable from the page Template Dictionary
- Export/Import – export settings and values to xml or import it from xml
Usage in template
You can use a value in template by calling function
get of Template Dictionary object, which can be accessed by function
For example, if you set a setting with code the_code, you can use it’s value by:
TmplDict()->get( 'the_code' );
This function returns the value. If you need to echo the value, you can use function
eget. Both functions have an optional argument
$default, which is the default returned/echoed value, if the admin value is empty.
You can also get the value by accessing the code as property:
$value = TmplDict()->the_code;
Usage with shortcode
You can also use a shortcode
[tmpl_dict] with attributes
do_shortcode. The last attribute says, if the function
do_shortcode will be called on the value.
Setup template language
Default template language can be set by setting the constant
TMPL_DICT_DEFAULT_LANG in wp-config. Default value of this constant consists of two first characters of the current WP locale. It is important to set the default language constant properly if you plan to create your site multilingual in future.
If you have a multilingual site, you need to set current template language with the filter
template_dictionary_language. For users of Polylang, it is already integrated in this plugin, the current template language is the Polylang current language slug.
Setup available languages
If you have a multilingual site, you also need to set available languages with the filter
template_dictionary_languages. Again, if Polylang is activated, these available languages consist of Polylang languages slugs.
If your site is not multilingual, there is only one available language – the default language.
Use JS object
TMPL_DICT_JS_VAR_NAME constant. Add to
define( 'TMPL_DICT_JS_VAR_NAME', 'dict' );
Then you can use it in JS:
$('#some-element').text( dict.the_code );
이 플러그인에 대한 평가가 없습니다.
기여자 & 개발자
“Template Dictionary”(은)는 오픈 소스 소프트웨어입니다. 다음의 사람들이 이 플러그인에 기여하였습니다.기여자
- Fix: When exporting both settings and values, export empty settings too.
- Fix: Correct number of placeholders for wpdb::prepare.
- Added method to get whole dictionary array.
- Added JS dictionary object.
- Added term field type.
- Add admin info notice if
TMPL_DICT_DEFAULT_LANGconstant is not set.
- Fix: Page for editing settings was not showing.
- Show admin submenu opened on Edit Values page.
- Fix: screen option per_page on settings list
- Enabled caching of values
- Set user locale as language in admin if it is in available languages list.
- Refactored admin pages
- Added post-multiple field type.
- Added method __get for accessing dictionary values as properties.
- Fix: notice after deleting setting
- Do not show empty field options in settings list.